The dental school provides dental treatment for patients at a cost lower than most private doctors’ offices. Treatment is provided by dental students and graduate students who are supervised by licensed dentists.
How to Make a New Patient Appointment
• Call (317) 274-7433 Option #2 (Dental School’s Patient Admitting Office)
• Information needed to make appointment:
o Your legal name
o Date of Birth
o Home address
o A telephone number that is best to reach you
What will be done at the 1st New Patient Appointment
• Screening Exam Only
• X-rays will be taken (If you have had x-rays taken in another doctor’s office recently, bring a copy with you and if the doctor and student determines that the x-rays can be used, you will not be charged for more x-rays).
• Cost for the 1st new patient appointment visit is between $72 - $100.
• Expect to be at your appointment 3 to 3 ½ hours
• NO DENTAL TREATMENT WILL BE DONE AT THE 1ST VISIT
What you will need to bring with you at the 1st New Patient Appointment
• Picture ID
• Emergency Contact Information
• Insurance Card (If you have dental insurance)
• Medicaid Card (If you Medicaid insurance)
• If you do not have dental insurance or Medicaid insurance, you must pay for services by cash, check, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card) the day of your appointment.
• Bring with you the Information Packet that was mailed to you that includes your Parking Permit to park in the Patient Parking lot next to the dental school building.
• Do not bring children with you unless they are supervised by another adult in the waiting room.
If you are in PAIN but not a patient of record
• You can be seen at the Indiana University Dental School’s Emergency Clinic located at Regenstrief Emergency Dental Clinic 3rd floor next to Wishard Hospital (1001 W. 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN)
• The Emergency Dental Clinic is a walk in First come First serve basis.
• Patients must pay $105 upfront and will be billed for the balance of services provided.
• Patients who live outside of Marion County must pay for all services provided the day of service.
• To listen to the Emergency Dental Clinic recording call (317) 630-6873.