Student Projects are always welcomed by BiCCHEC researchers.
BICCHEC provides funding for student projects
that enhance our mission.
Student projects can be conducted as:
- Part of service-learning assistantships
- Part of undergraduate and graduate research fellowship or programs
- Independent study
- Masters or PhD thesis projects
- Part of a clinical or special rotation
- MPH projects and internships
- Elective courses
Examples of projects conducted by students mentored by BiCCHEC researchers are:
- Attitudes regarding children with disabilities, beliefs regarding death, and bereavement
- Education and prevention of diabetes and domestic violence program in Hidalgo
- Comparison of local and Calnali Assets Based Community Development Assessments
Students will work closely with principal investigators and key members of our research
team and will be trained in research methodology, data gathering, data analysis,
and reporting. Students will participate in all projects and WIP (work- in- progress)
meetings as well as receive on-on one mentoring. Funding may be available for specific
BiCCHEC is currently accepting student pilot research grant applications.
The objective of the BiCCHEC community-based pilot research grants for students
is to foster and encourage collaborations between IUPUI researchers and
community partners and to promote projects that have the potential to develop
into larger externally funded research programs or generate scholarly products.
Proposed projects must have participation by one (or more) student and a
community partner. IUPUI (including IUSM, IUSD and IUSON) graduate and
undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
Funding: up to $10,000
Contact: Marilyn Richards
Guidelines and Application