Behaviors and Social Determinants of Health]
- Microcredit Project for Residents of Calnali, Mexico. PIs Hook and Stelzner
(in partnership with the Indianapolis Rotary Club and Pro Mujer)
- Outcomes assessment of services provided in Calnali as part of a ISL program (medical
and dental data).
Co-PIs Mantilla/Rochford (in partnership with the community
of Calnali, Hidalgo Mexico and the Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo)
- International service-learning (ISL) student outcomes (patient-provider
communication and cultural sensitivity).
Soto/Martinez Mier (In partnership with the IUPUI Center for Service-Learning)
- International service-learning treatment outcomes (dental treatment and
determination of risk for dental caries).
Soto/Martinez Mier (In partnership with the Universidad
Autonoma de Yucatan)
- International service-learning student outcomes (Study of U.S., Latin America
(Mexico), Africa (Kenya), and Asia (China) Cross-Cultural Comparison of Health
Care by Health Professional Students from IUSN, IUSD, and IUSM)
- Outcomes assessment of the placement of sealants as part of an ISL program in
Soto/Escoffie (in partnership with the community of the Universidad Autonoma del Estado de
- Comprehensive Restorative Treatment for Needy Children. PIs Chin and
Soto (in partnership with the National Children's Oral Health Foundation).
Promotion of Community-Oriented Primary Care, Community Service, Education and
English for Specific Purposes Project for Hispanic Families with Hospitalized
PIs Lorant and Lauten (in partnership with the Indiana Center for
- Partnership Mexico Project
(IUPUI) More information
Health Implications of the Immigration
Study on the effects of fluoride exposure on neuro behavioral development
Martinez Mier/Hu (in partnership with the University of
Michigan and the Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica in Mexico)